Women Marketing Grain
/ February 11, 2019
5:30 pm – 9:00 pm / DMACC Boone Campus, 1125 Hancock Dr, Boone
Registration fee is $75 due January 28.
Learn about grain marketing from ISU Extension and Outreach specialists and local ag business experts. No prior crop marketing experience is necessary, but would likely prove beneficial.
· Recognize crop marketing terms and sources of obtaining current futures and cash market prices
· Understand basis, futures carry, cost of grain ownership, supply/demand fundamentals, and technical chart signals
· Recognize seasonal price trends
· Use crop marketing tools including spot cash sales, forward contracts, hedge-to-arrive contracts, futures hedging and the use of put and call options
· Develop a crop marketing plan